View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 07, 2023 at 02:07 PM

I'm glad you're alright. I'm sure the person who helped you did not blame you for your predicament---as the weather definitely played a major role.

I've had a few moments of self-doubt and self-questioning like that. Yes, absent-mindedness can lead to trouble. And it can be upsetting and worrying.

I find it's the worst when I'm very stressed and/ or very sleep deprived. It can also be very bad if depression is still powerful. That's when you might need to take deep breaths before attempting simple chores. Can you handle contingencies, if they pop up? Or could you possibly re-schedule, and do it another time, another day, when you're feeling sharper?

This was a reality for me for a few years after my diagnosis. I had to learn how to ask for help with things (I, who had always, always been so independent). It was tough for me. But I really had no choice. There are still, more than 15 years later, days when I feel I should not be driving, or out shopping, or interacting with people.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. Check out a few articles on what comes along with depression. You'll realize, you're not alone.
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote