View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Help Feb 07, 2023 at 05:51 PM

I am having severe anxiety and panic attacks about pap smears. I have had two done in two months and both came back as not enough cells on the swab. I find pap smears to be extremely painful. It's not just uncomfortable, it is full on excruciating pain. I also cannot get my body to relax during a pap smear. So the OBGYN office wanted to schedule a third pap smear. I told them no. I contacted my GP through the portal and asked her what to do next. So she said we could discuss at my next visit in March. But I don't want to wait that long because of my severe anxiety and panic attacks that are keeping me up at night and causing me all sorts of physical symptoms. So I got an appointment with my GP for Monday. I don't know what she is going to suggest or offer as the next step...different OBGYN? Different procedure? I don't know. I don't know if it will be more painful than the pap smears which makes me more anxious. I need to get distracted from this for a few days because I am very anxious about it and freaked out. I know the test is important but it causes me so much distress and the thought of a third one in as many months is too much to bear. Any ideas? Thanks Kit

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis