SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

SlumberKitty is staying stable.

5 yr Member
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 10, 2023 at 10:39 AM

Hi @reallybadnegatives2 I read your post. It sounds like you've had some troubles for a while now. I kind of agree with @CANDC that for me my diagnosis is less important than my ability to cope with life. I have never had a problem with any substances so I can't speak to that. As for schizophrenia, and not having positive symptoms like hallucinations or delusions, I mean, I guess it's possible to have schizophrenia without them but it wouldn't be that common I don't think. Keep in mind, I am only a peer and not a doctor so take what I say with a grain of salt. I have never been diagnosed with any personality things, but I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder--depressed type, General Anxiety Disorder, ADHD, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. My diagnoses have changed throughout my life, as it sounds like yours has as well. I think that is pretty common. Medicine is an art and a science and the way doctor's interpret symptoms determines how they decide to treat it. I'm not really sure what neuroleptic treatment is but I know for schizophrenia there is usually an antipsychotic given. I'm on two antipsychotics and two antidepressants, plus ADHD medicine and anxiety medicine. Therapy has been somewhat useful in coping with life. Though sometimes I tend to go from crisis to crisis. Is that your experience? I don't really know what the connection is between SPD and SzPD and schizophrenia. Sorry about that. I know very little about SPD and ScPD and have no first hand knowledge of them. That said, I do think sometimes it can be helpful to understand the diagnosis so maybe you can ask your psychiatrist about it. Like what diagnostic tool was used to come up with your diagnosis. Maybe that would help you to understand. I'm not sure. Just a thought. Anyway, if you want to hang out on the Schizophrenia forum we hang out on Roll call and just talk about random things and how we are doing and our lives and stuff. It's nice to meet you. See you around the forums, hopefully! Kit

Hugs from:
avlady, CANDC