View Single Post
Mrtulip

Member Since Jul 2022
Default Feb 12, 2023 at 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I don’t know if this will help at all but my friend’s son who is autistic says he feels compelled with his special interest, I don’t think it’s a frustration free experience for him all of the time, although broadly speaking he is still enjoys it. I think feeling compelled is not always comfortable for him though.

Lastly I think a special interest can be anything and it can be physical, for example a sport.

Are you happy to talk about your special interest and the problems you’ve encountered? You don’t have to if you’re not comfortable, of course.
I experience that I sometime struggle with my interests. It is like I should be better than I am.

I can, for example, have be upset with myself when I cannot memorize the text I'm trying to memorize. Then I feel that I suck at something that I should be good at.
It takes too much time and energy in order for me to memorize a text. I might be a slow learner.

I sometimes envy al those people with a special interest who are so good at something. It would be nice to a special talent like most people with ASD. But I do not have a special interest.
I do not have an interest in which everything is so easy.
Mrtulip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated