View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2023 at 12:24 PM

Day 10 tip: lucky people listen to their hunches. I learned as a child that "listen to" has 2 meanings: a) my ears work and I heard what you said, and b) Hear & Obey. There's a 3rd area I try to live in, I listen and cross check before I act.

To me, there's 4 key answers: hunches that were lucky, hunches that were wrecks, no hunch but luck arrived anyway, and no hunch that were wrecks.

Hunch-lucky. After seemingly a lifetime of not being ready to hold a relationship, I put my time into correcting it. I gave myself a goal even I would laugh at, and read books like the story of the 3 Princes of Serendip for clues. [here's an article.]

One story I read made a deep impact. A young and poor new pastor for a small church badly needed a car. A friend said clear a space for the car and see what happens next. So the pastor cleared out the garage at the house he'd just bought. While doing so, a church member noticed while driving by and asked if he could rent the space as he had to travel for several months and didn't want to leave his car parked on the streets. The pastor offered to exchange "free" storage if he could use the car in the member's absence. Of course, and the pastor got his car for free.

I took that to hint at making spaces in my shared apartment for my unknown for inbound lover. A bit of space on my shelf in the bathroom for toothbrushes and such. A corner in my dresser drawer, a space in my closet to hang clothes. … We've been together 41 years this November.

hunch-wreck. this gotta be said quick so I can move forward. Hunches mixed with my manic state make for disasters. When I finally crashed in to rock bottom (funny, it's never I hit pillow bottom), looking back I saw a long pattern of mania. Finally, after a time of serious hard work everything seems to fall into place. My immediate feeling, even now, is whoa, ride this run! Rather than the work is paying off, cruise here a while to enjoy the feeling, then step ashore. Wish I'd known: the money, the gaffs, the lost relationships ... moving forward.

No hunch - lucky. This is pure chance luck, like when I found 2 $100 bills folded together on the floor in a restaurant. Yeah I called the place and told them I had found some money. If a customer came back asking, here's my contact. Legally, it's suppose to go to the store; I can only guess who wrote that law.

no hunch - wreck. Pure chance bad luck. Like getting stranded in the San Francisco airport, and having my baggage lost temporarily, on Christmas eve. I have a side-self which only shows up in emergency situations which does a good job of getting me out of danger. Ended up sharing a 12 hour rented-car trip with a nice enough guy.

Be lucky & smart!

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote