View Single Post
Mrtulip

Member Since Jul 2022
Default Feb 13, 2023 at 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Yes I think there’s a lot said about ASD which isn’t necessarily true of all people who have it.

I think I might know what you mean, in a way it sounds a bit like perfectionism?
I think too many people with ASD talk about ASD by focusing on how it affects themselves.
The thing about special interests is only about some of us. It is not about me as I do not even have on. I have even talked to a professional about it.
Most people I have met are not like that. They do not have an interest like that.

I wish people with ASD would stop saying that we all have a special interests and love to engage in it and are so happy when do it.
That only represent some of the ASD people.

And then what about all those chefs you see on tv? Do they need to have ASD because they have a strong interest in something? No.
Special interests is a lot about being engaged in an interest and experience pleasure.
The chefs in tv shows are also very frustrated ar times. So they do not have a special interest.

Special interests is all about pleasure. I wonder how some people with ASD can have an interests with only pleasure.

I guess many people with ASD have an activity that they do not try to be good at. Cause everytime you tey to be good you will experience frustration.
If you have no expectation of being good than you will have less frustration.

Special interests must be about an activity in which you do not care about becoming good, right?

Last edited by Mrtulip; Feb 13, 2023 at 04:21 AM..
Mrtulip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated