Thread: Feeling alone
View Single Post
sadmanagain

Member Since Dec 2022
123 hugs
given
Default Feb 15, 2023 at 11:39 PM

Heya all checking in
Feeling pretty low right now, thought I did a nice romantic thing but it wasn't well received. I bought her some candy including some of her favorites, a card and a mug with a small stuffed animal in it with a sappy love message on it..
The night before Valentine's Day after she had gone to bed, I grabbed the stuff out of where I had it hidden and set it up on her desk in her home office so she would see it as she went into the office to start her day.

When I got home after work she thanked me and informed me that she got me something but it wouldn't be here till the 16th. She had the whole week before off from work(most of which she was drinking and 4 drinks in by the time I got home but she couldn't remember to order me something on time ??
She also told me that I went to extravagant (it was only $30) and how in the past I didn't do much on Valentine's Day and it felt like overkill . It was $30 total, that's overkill!? I'm trying to show her I love her and was thinking of her with a couple small gifts and she finds a way to be offended ??

She also asked me if I was getting any on the side, I kept my cool and said of course not because it's the truth. I am not looking for that, I want to save my marriage. Where the hell does that come from?

In the last week she has gone through a range of interactions ranging from sending me links to videos on saving the marriage with comments from her about how this is what she needs along with one she said she needs to watch this one often about letting go of negative feelings to saying that she's not sure if this can be saved and how I should have treated her better if I wanted this to work out ?? Her perception is so negative biased one moment then full of optimism the next day .
I have no idea if I should keep trying or if I should start planning for surviving this if it goes bad . I still feel like if I plan for it not working out, then it will not work out.
Still trying to hold onto hope but how do I process the negativity that keeps popping up ?
sadmanagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes