View Single Post
sadmanagain

Member Since Dec 2022
123 hugs
given
Default Feb 16, 2023 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I’m sorry ((hugs)). Given that your wife is struggling with ptsd and is consuming so much alcohol there is no way you will get anything healthy out of her.

You simply cannot have a healthy relationship when there is so much alcohol consumption taking place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
When a person has ptsd all they want is to wake up and not be crippled by it. The brain has actually changed with the condition called ptsd. A person is very sensitive and can be bothered by things others have little to no problem with it’s not unusual for a person to withdraw and isolate just to avoid experiencing a trigger that can cripple them for hours to a few days.

I tried drinking wine to see if that would help, it just made it worse. I was never much of a drinker. Yet some drink in hopes to feel pleasure and a relief but the alcohol only further challenges an already sensitive brain.

The candy etc you got her was nice, but she can’t give you what you want back. That angers her so she drinks and that just ends up making it worse and it sounds like anger starts to surface.

Hating yourself is not good for you because you can’t fix her. Ptsd is a lonely challenge and it’s very hard to explain just how hard it is. She can’t give you answers to the unknown she herself struggles with.
I hear what you're saying and I feel for her , I really do . I love her

I wish it brought me any comfort at this time but in the end I'm the one who is dying inside who will probably lose what meant everything to me, while she thinks divorce is the answer to all her problems, it's not and in the end we will both suffer and so will our son . She acts like this is my fault ...it's not . I'm starting to see that . Life sucks right now .

I'm doing double back flips while juggling trying to work with her and in the end for what ? I'm so devastated right now. All I want is my wife/soulmate to finish the journey we started decades ago and enjoy our silver/golden years together supporting each other thru It. 😭
sadmanagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LifeSupport, Open Eyes, pachyderm

Thanks for this!
pachyderm