View Single Post
KublaKhan
KublaKhan has no updates.

1 yr Member
Default Feb 22, 2023 at 01:46 AM

I agree. I've heard life described (in an Adlerian psychology book) as a dance. I've found that helpful: You simply DO it and make it as beautiful as you can. It's not a means to an end, doing the dance of life IS the goal. And yours will not be exactly the same as anyone else's, so don't negatively contrast it with what you see others doing. Just make it the best you can.

Thumbs up on the simple things as well. I've been getting into mindfulness practice (helpful stuff; would definitely recommend) and it has shown me how joyful it can be to just stand on the back porch with a cup of tea and listen to leaves rustle in the wind. We live in a hyper-stimulated, "always connected" era, and I think a lot of our emotional issues would improve at least a little bit if we could just simplify and slow down.

(I'm not implying that everyone would be cured if they'd just stand around in the backyard with a cup of Earl Gray like me... Just that emotional problems will be made worse by this constant pressure to check all five social media accounts, respond to that text, look at that news item that just popped up, rinse and repeat. Very unhealthy.)
KublaKhan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote