View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,037 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2023 at 05:33 PM

It has been interesting, I thought there would be some video content, but it is basically sending samples to the writing coach, getting feedback and making adjustments based on the feedback. Then there have been exercises from his book. I think it has helped me to focus on being more concise. He also stresses creating a structure that uses headings and bullet points to make things easier to read. It makes sense. People have ever shorter attention spans and business writing has to address that.

It's kind of amusing. We purchase market research reports to develop two sections of the reports we write. This year, their reports are using a similar style. Maybe their writers did the course.

We were told the class had to be completed by April 1st. After this last assignment, I turned in, the professor requested edits and said it was my final assignment. I thought there was going to be more. I had in mind the next sample to send that incorporated all the feedback. I don't know really how it is determined when the class is done, is it number of assignments or showing you mastered the concepts. I received mainly positive feedback throughout, so maybe that is why.

I will still have the e-book that I can refer to when needed, which will be useful.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, seesaw, unaluna