View Single Post
KublaKhan

Member Since Feb 2023
Default Feb 25, 2023 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
For me empathy can be part of the solution, I see it as walking beside someone, trying to understand their experience, reflecting and helping them work towards a solution. That’s my perspective.
True. I understand empathy in most situations. It's just that I have a hard time with people who seem to ONLY complain to others about their problems and not do anything to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Have people actually told you they find you cold and selfish?
People have. What confuses me though is that some people throw around the word "selfish" at others, but they're actually the ones who expect the entire world to revolve around them. One example I know of is a person who walks out of every job at the first sign of difficulty, drags their feet on getting another one, and then begs to borrow money from literally everyone they know, never pays it back, then calls everyone else "selfish and greedy" for not giving them any more money (all the while, they're spending money on cigarettes, alcohol, and vacations). Who's really the selfish one in that situation?

People sometimes tell me that I'm "overthinking" and being "too logical" on matters of personal relationships. But I'm trying to consider all the sides of an issue, and I'm not sure how else to do that but by thinking logically. I mean, my immediate un-logical, emotional reation was "I'm right, everyone else in my life is just overly dependent and too lazy to solve their own problems". But I had to logically think that through, and when I did, I realized that was a thought derived from anger, and when I examined things I saw that it really wasn't true, and I had to figure out the real root of these problems since that obviously wasn't it. I'm not sure how being less logical or thinking less would improve anything about this.
KublaKhan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Fuzzybear