View Single Post
arich62

Member Since Aug 2014
3 hugs
given
Default Feb 27, 2023 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_little_didgee View Post
I'm not surprised people are detransitioning. It is disconcerting, because it is another example of medicine losing its way by failing to do thorough assessments. They are causing harm to vulnerable and impressionable youth who are not transgendered, but are struggling with their identity. -- I wonder how much of this is due to social media. It seems people will do whatever to get views like eating tide pods and cooking chicken in cough syrup.

The obsession with pronouns is killing the community. The worst offenders are not even trans.

That is true. First I see on social media (especially video) whereby many authentic transgender people are really angry and embarrassed by those who are not who are not, who like you say are struggling and doing these silly videos and/ or getting into sexual assault cases. Most of the detransitioners seem to be F2M2F and like you mentioned are being mislead. I think what started it was/ is the extremely high suicide ideation rate for trans people. That got attention a few years ago and I guess the mental health community decided that meant everyone who has transgender thoughts needs to go on HRT and/ or puberty blockers now. Then all the anti-trans legislation that has followed, seemed like it started in politics, spread to the media. I never imagined transgender" becoming a household word. And too many - youth mainly, are being encouraged to come out and transition because it's trendy, instead of waiting, exploring and following their heart - like I have at age 60.
arich62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote