View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2023 at 08:34 AM

Finally had blood test (had to go back 2 days later because I was cold!). Despite making appointment with other doctor, someone changed it back! Decided to give the younger one another chance.

Well, he kept me waiting 30 minutes! Seemed more friendly this time. My results scribbled on tatty scrap of paper on his desk... I produced latest report.

Pleased with latest blood sugar level. Cholesterol still too high. Foliate a bit low. Everything else fine. He didn't mention weight, probably looked at date and decided it was too close to Christmas. This time, he gave me some choices, so I "met him half way" by asking if I really needed to take so much medication. He decided we should stick with "diabetes" drug. Introduce a statin that "isn't a statin" (due to previous side-effects). This time I showed him skin problem and didn't argue, admitted it appeared fungal and gave me some cream, result!

Still hasn't got ophthalmic report from 8 December. When I offered to take copy in, he didn't think it mattered....
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hvert, possum220