View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2023 at 04:03 PM

Kit, the line where she sent this was when I actively cringed while reading it: "And the part where she was like I don't think you'll find anyone else who will care for you as much." I imagine she was attempting to let you know she cared for you a lot. But to suggest that another T would not--or maybe she even meant another person?--that's just a weird thing to say. Like a romantic partner saying when someone breaks up with them, "You'll never find someone as good as me" or "You'll never find love again."

Maybe it's partly that she's hurt, but she also shouldn't be taking that out on you. Part of her is saying she understands and that you have to do what's right for you, but then the other stuff seems to be her emotions talking. Which she should deal with on her own, not make you feel guilty or bad about it.

Admittedly, if I had decided to leave Dr. T this time, I would have liked to have heard him say he was sad about it--quite confident he'd never say "heartbroken"!--but I also think that would have given me mixed emotions and make it more difficult. And though you've already terminated with this T, I can understand why you're feeling bad about it now. She could have simply said that she understood, that she wished she could have given you what you needed, she'd always care about you, that you're welcome to stay in touch (and come back if you change your mind), and that she wished you all the best both with the new T and in the future. Basically, kept her personal emotions out of it while still being supportive of you and letting you know she still cares.

I'm sorry--if it helps at all, I think you're doing the right thing. She seemed too unreliable, and I definitely got the sense that she didn't understand self-harm, despite what she's saying here. Hugs...
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty, Waterbear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Breaking Dawn, ElectricManatee, LostOnTheTrail, Pontepunto, SlumberKitty, Waterbear