Thread: Adderal
View Single Post
Brentus
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2021
960 hugs
given
Default Feb 27, 2023 at 05:28 PM

I have been on Adderall for over a year, as prescribed without any consequences of addiction, abuse, or dependence. Studies have shown when taken at therapeutic doses it is very unlikely to cause addiction. Abuse potential is there, and if you are prone to substance use it may be a bad idea to use it. However other studies have shown having a substance use disorder shouldn't discredit you from having a trial of adderall. Most studies also show that those who treat their ADHD adequately actually are LESS LIKELY to have drug issues later.

Methamphetamine is much more potent and the street drug is given in quantities well beyond therapeutic levels. It's not fair to compare the two. It's like comparing a diamond and coal. Essentially, they are the same but their chemical configuration (carbon) makes them VERY different. Don't get bogged down into thinking Adderall is like doing meth.

The only other thing I have to say about it is this -- Adderall has been a huge asset in my life, and I am grateful I took the leap to give it a try. I've been without it, and been fine (albeit less productive and my ADHD symptoms do return). I know it's something I need to help me function. I also know it's something that is a quality of life improvement for me -- not exactly a necessity. Take information you get with context. It's not the devil, it's not a miracle pill. It is potentially something to help. There are non-stimulant options to look at as well. ADHD can be managed. Don't give up hope on that in the end either.

Just wanted to put my two cents in. Hope you find this helpful.

Thanks for this!
added