View Single Post
Brentus
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2021
960 hugs
given
Default Feb 27, 2023 at 05:35 PM

Something that comes up in therapy a lot with me is the idea of utilizing gratitude as a way to ground some positive into your day. It doesn't have to be something big, or significant in the grand scheme ... just something of the moment that means something to you.

example:
1) I'm so grateful I got my medicine today and I have a helpful, resourceful team of providers (doctor, pharmacy, pharmacists/techs etc.).

2) I am grateful for a nice warm meal on a cold day

3) I am grateful for this forum for having an outlet.

and so on.

Use that gratitude to ground your day into something positive. Perhaps nothing is going your way that day.. find a little comfort in the little things that went right. And you know what? Being human? Maybe it's hard to find that thing to be grateful for today.. and that's ok too. Be grateful for the insight to realize, today isn't gonna be a day to find something specific to be grateful for. Perhaps even have a default "At least I have my ____".

So... just for me (and I hope others join in) I'd like to try this exercise here with you all. I think it's helpful sometimes to remember the positive of life, especially when we suffer the negative on a daily basis.

That's it! I'm finished. Example 1 is my daily gratitude. I look forward to reading yours!

Hugs from:
*Beth*, JaneOnceMore, Nammu, ronkuby, VerMOZZica

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, JaneOnceMore, Nammu, ronkuby