Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2023 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieHunter View Post
Hi I’m new here. I’ve spent time reading others posts and see a lot of people hurt and stuck and not knowing how to move forward. My marriage after almost 25 years has come to a standstill. I love my husband but I know that I’ve outgrown him and this relationship.. I know that divorce will devastate him and I want to protect him from that any way I can. I find myself feeling terrible guilt when I think of a future where I can experience a sense of wholeness that this marriage has never given me. I know it is best for both of us. And I believe we can remain friends once the hard pet is over. But I just don’t know how to move forward. What steps to take to minimize the pain for both of us. Any advice from someone whose been there and better on the other side is appreciated.
I once seriously (or at least made a lame divorce attempt and had years of confusion) thought about leaving (we have been married 35 years) but chose to stay. Now that the decision is made, I can concentrate on more productive things. The confusion and indecision is not any fun. I truly hope you get past that part
Yes, there are many at this forum who get "stuck" but perhaps many have also moved on and just aren't posting anymore. Prayers and hugs.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv