Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2023 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogladaid View Post
I am getting into this mind space of ‘no time like the present’. I sometimes get into it and end up losing it for a while. Like one time I decided I was going to learn tennis. So I held myself to it and took tennis lessons.

I’ve been trying to do this with other things lately. Last week I made a reservation at a nice restaurant to make myself go. I booked a massage and had it last Saturday. I have decided to stop putting it off and actually get ground kangaroo meat and make burgers. (Next week I promise!) I want to do things.

Sometimes the best thing to do is just push yourself out there. Worse thing that happens is they have no seating and you take coffee to go.

I know it’s easier said than done. I’ve been there always procrastinating. But I read something a while ago that tomorrow isn’t always guaranteed. So drink the fancy coffee or soda. Go get that massage. Use the nice perfume.

I know it’s not really advice ‘just go do it’ but I always find writing things down on a calendar and making a plan always pushes me out to do things. Hold myself to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right, and that’s awesome you’ve been doing all those things I made a note on my planner for Saturday to go there and get a book and coffee and sit down and drink it if there’s a seat available I just will push myself to go and not stress about it. It’s easier to just do things if I don’t think about it too much before I go. When I think about things too much my mind gets carried away with anxious thoughts.

Thank you, that’s a good way to look at things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this!
cogladaid, SlumberKitty