View Single Post
Samicat
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2023
1,590 hugs
given
Default Feb 28, 2023 at 10:39 AM

It's the last day of the month and my disability payment hasn't gone into my account. I'm on leave since June for depression and anxiety and stress.

I just sent an email to the adjuster. I had spoken to him earlier this month and told him what I was doing to get better (meditating and writing a bit, seeing a counsellor), and he said I sound "functional" and like I'm ready to return to work and he would have a rehab consultant contact me. This is completely wrong. I sent him an email advising him that I am not functional, tend to mask and downplay my symptoms, and just because I am pleasant on the phone (I have worked on the phones for 20+ years) doesn't mean I'm okay.

I asked that I be evaluated by a professional (since I recently lost my psychiatrist of 12 years to retirement) if any further proof of my condition is needed.

Later my GP told me she sent him a report from my psychiatrist advising that I should stay off work.

He never responded. Nobody ever told me I will not get my payment, but now I am worried. Must this be such a ****ing struggle? It's bad enough dealing with my illness without worrying about how I'm going to eat.

p.s. the payment usually goes in on around the 26th. It could be late but...

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Breaking Dawn, Rose76, SlumberKitty, T4bbyCat, TheGal