Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2023 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive. View Post
The issue is not about a therapist being intentionally manipulative but *as a therapist* not even considering (for someone who supposedly loves Kit *so much*) the impact of her words or actions on another, or how damaging these can be for a client. How ethical is that?!

That woman is supposed to be a professional at the service of another (a THERAPIST) - not trying to keep people close by saying that no one will ever love them as much as she does. How messed up is that?! She was not even honest. She realised she was limited in her ability to help vs. she was educating herself to help Kit vs. she was thinking of referring SK out... Well, which is it? She cannot even be consistent.

Frankly, I wonder if she would even be a 'good friend'. She always seems to take on this helpless, victim, role and people around her have to come to her rescue (pay for her Zoom, send her books, check up on her mental and/or physical condition, send her links to sessions, educate her). Even here, it was all about her - her love, her pain, her efforts to make this work and guilt-tripping the other (her CLIENT) for abandoning her. No awareness as to her impact on another.

What kind of 'friend' (let alone therapist) does that make? This is messed up. That woman needs a therapist herself or a relationship where she is taken care of by another.
Thank you Rive. For the validation. I'm going to talk to new T about it and read her what ex-T wrote because I feel like I am in a huge mind **** and I cannot figure out top from bottom. I need someone to help me sort it in a professional way. HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
AliceKate, Bill3, Breaking Dawn, LonesomeTonight, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn