Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2023 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_little_didgee View Post
I got an email from the company owner. He heard I was upset about the layoff. I let three managers know and made sure they knew exactly how I felt about being told over the phone that I lost my job. The owner of the company apologized.

I'm not sure how I feel, but I do appreciate the apology.
That's interesting that he called to apologize, and strange, IMO. Is anyone ever NOT upset, even at least to a small degree, about a layoff? Even if you wanted to leave, even if you quickly land a better job, at the very least, in the moment of being laid off, it's upsetting. The experience is upsetting. Even if you recover quickly.

And being told over the phone was lame and cowardly. And so he "called" to apologize... That's almost adding insult to injury, right?

Well, if the apology helped you or was appreciated, that was good. You were completely entitled to be upset at both being laid off and the manner in which you were laid off. Let them sit with their discomfort of you telling them how you feel. They still have jobs, right?

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna