View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2023 at 02:06 AM

Hiya, oh yeah, I've endured hassles with identity theft and such. Full on pain in the arse.

I like your goal of an extra half-hour every day. Is that all at once or added in bits, like if you work in 3 rounds, each one is 10 min longer than customary?

I might be a tad more satisfied when I can imagine the work of a day fitting closer to what I actually get done. Say, for today, I wanted to begin our partnership taxes and authorize my new credit cards (2) and then update the sites I have on autopay. One is which is Gig cars (drive and park rental "sharing" cars). BEFORE any of the mis-named sharing car companies, I had the idea. And what a load of work to pull it off. Several have tried and failed or fallen back in Seattle: Flexcar merged with Zipcar, and Car2Go, keyed to the cute Smart Cars, tanked. There was also Lime for a while, and Touro (might still be out there) and another one.

GIG (Get in and Go) cars are holding on. They are backed by the Automobile Association of America (AAA) of towing fame. One issue for me is that it is smart phone only, so I'm forced to use my iPad, and the map view is much smaller than what I can see at once on my Mac.

For mysterious reasons I could not figure out, my former credit card never worked, so I couldn't use the service because payment is pre-authorized. With the new card, everything seems to be set up. I'm going to find a car soon and drive it around the block to test it out.

Took less than 15 minutes to punch in my new card authorization. And the rest of the afternoon dealing with the updates and GIG.

Nothing done on the taxes. Moved to tomorrow's list, I guess.

I'm tired. Good night.

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote