View Single Post
Rincewind

Member Since Nov 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Mar 06, 2023 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
It sounds like your communication with your therapist led to you feeling really bad. I suggest, if you see them again, to discuss this with them, clarify what they meant and how it made you feel.

I had a really difficult journey through different therapists, with some of them saying things to me that were very upsetting and I turned it in on myself, too. A therapist is not supposed to say harsh, hurtful things. They are supposed to, well… be therapeutic. I don’t know why a few of them said some really awful, triggering things to me.

One actually said to me, “You probably never would have been happy with anybody.” This got under my skin so badly, I am still reeling about it years later! I have since learned a lot about what therapists are supposed to do, and there really was no good reason for them to have done that to me. It was triggering and dangerous to me.

So be careful of seeing the wrong therapists, and keep looking for a good one. No matter what issue you are dealing with, there is hope for you, and there is no shame in needing support.
I'm sorry you had to go through that with your therapist. I haven't seen that particular therapist in almost 2 years since she kicked me out after telling that nobody will ever love me because I'm too ugly and too short. Found another therapist and I couldn't even imagine that therapeutic relationships could be so easy!

I now think that it's more productive on combating one's arrogance, vanity, and even egoism. Because those words have a very specific meaning and it's easier to see whether you're being an insufferable asshole. But if you focus on lowering the self esteem, how low do you need to go? There's no answer there, except for "lower".

Last edited by Rincewind; Mar 06, 2023 at 11:28 AM..
Rincewind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote