View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2023 at 12:24 PM

I went to urgent care because my GP couldn't fit me in. They really needed stitches which they should be able to do at urgent care. Unfortunately, I was treated like crap. They were like, "Oh you're a cutter?!!" (I hate that term as I prefer self injurer.)

Possible trigger:

They did jack squat for me. They just rewrapped it. No after care instructions. No signs to look for for infection. Nothing. I called my GP and I tried to get her to see me but she was like if they didn't suture them then she won't be able to. I tried to explain that they needed to be sutured but she just blew me off. She told me to leave the bandage alone and come see her next week. I was SO Frustrated. I could have gone to the ER but by then it had been over 8 hours and by the time I would actually see a doctor I didn't know if it would be too long for them to be sutured. Plus I have not always had good experiences at the ER either. Sometimes they take care of my wounds. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes I am treated with dignity. Sometimes not. Once the doctor was visibly and verbally angry with me. I couldn't handle that yesterday. They discriminate because they are self harm wounds. It sucks. I was so very frustrated. I tried to take care of myself and get help and I just got blown off. I was so upset. I was even so distressed this morning that I awoke at 2 AM and couldn't sleep. I just have to take care of them the best that I can.

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, Breaking Dawn, Mountainbard, waldeinsamkeit