Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
Default Mar 10, 2023 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogladaid View Post
I went and saw my doctor today. Told him all about this rash and everything I’ve been having. Fevers, chills, headache, etc. I feel fine now off the lamotrigine.

My doctor is away for a bit so he put in a referral to the psychiatrist to get advice what medication I should be on. He gave me a stop gap prescription for seroquel for now.

My lab results didn’t come back yet for some reason but hopefully they’re there when I see the allergist on Monday.

My doctor isn’t ready to completely write off the lamotrigine because my blood work isn’t there so this all could be something else but like idk I think it’s the lamotrigine because like I said I’m feeling physically better off of it.

Anyway I see him again in a couple weeks. See how things turn out. I just get frustrated by side effects and med switches. I just wish things would stay stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry cogladaid, med switches are frustrating. Hopefully your blood work is good so you can go back on the lamictal and if not hopefully the Seroquel works out. I have never been on lamictal as a mood stabilizer, the mood stabilizers I've been on have been depakote, trilelptal so I have no experience with lamictal
. But I have been on Seroquel before and it can be a good med for some people. Hope everything works out either way

Sent from my M8L using Tapatalk

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Thanks for this!
cogladaid, SlumberKitty