Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2023 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
I'm struggling some. But I haven't SH-ed anymore since Wednesday so good on me. That has been really hard because I have been under a lot of distress. I don't want to reach out to my T again because it's a new therapeutic relationship and I am afraid of scaring her off but I will probably talk to a hotline just because I have been feeling pretty bad emotionally. I don't think I need to be hospitalized yet, but I think it might be coming. I just really don't want that $2,000 to $2,500 bill y'know....plus missing work. I know it affects my performance evaluations and that sucks because I only have so much control over my mental health. I probably needed to go to the ER the other day because of command hallucinations but I didn't. I am looking forward to the weekend. I need to wash my sheets, and maybe my comforter because Zoey sleeps with me and likes to roll up in the comforter. But hopefully I can just relax. I feel like isolating so I don't even feel like going to Church but I will probably make myself go because it is better to not isolate even though it is the opposite of what I feel like doing, y'know. I am so grateful for you all and for everyone on MSF! Everyone is so great here. At least here I belong.

I'm sorry you're struggling SK, I think talking to the hotline is a good idea. I have never used any of the hotlines but I heard they are helpful, and I'm glad they exist. I know you mentioned maybe checking out some of the DBT workbooks, that's a great idea as well. I have used several of them and they helped me a lot. Especially the sections on distress tolerance and soothing techniques.
Possible trigger:
Also that's great that you haven't SH'd since wednesday! I hope you're able to have a relaxing weekend. That's so cute that Zoey likes rolling up in the comforter, Mustachio does as well I'm grateful that you're here as well, you have been a great friend, I love this group we have here, it's very nice

I have a list of 101 coping skills I have printed out in a folder under my nightstand. I'll see if I can find the list and link it here. Sometimes when I'm at a loss for what to do when I'm struggling I pull that out and look at those and try to just choose something from there and do it. It's hard to when you're not feeling well but I think over the years it's gotten easier for me. I hope things get better for you soon

Last edited by Blue_Bird; Mar 10, 2023 at 01:00 PM..

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, SlumberKitty