View Single Post
dwfieldjr

dwfieldjr has no updates.

8 yr Member
Default Mar 10, 2023 at 09:11 PM

Back in 2006 a resident dr at the VA diagnosed me with schizophrenia. They only thought that because both of my parents had schizophrenia. I told them about a bunch of weird stuff I saw around the house when I was a teenager.

Fast forward to 2009 after I had been through many residence drs they decided to put me into cbt with another student therapist. It didn’t go over very well they wanted to video record all of our sessions and just talk about my sex life.

I got frustrated with the Va after that then closed up. I was just one of those patients that just wanted his medicine renewal and sent home because I felt with every other problem I told them they had some new weird diagnoses and some different type of medication. The last diagnosis ended with schizotypal personality disorder. Here I was stuck on risperdal which is an antipsychotic.

Any social life I had went down the tubes because I was no longer able to drink at parties and have a good time. I kept telling the Va that I was really paranoid and nervous all of the time and a I a big thing to get off of my chest to a trained professional but, they just looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

After that whole ordeal the Va said I could do tellumed service at a Va in my home town and I wouldn’t have to travel. Talking to the dr on the other end made me feel like I was talking to mr Mackey from South Park. I put up with him for a few years. He switched my risperdal to geodon.

I’m not sure if it was just in my head or not but, it felt like geodon took a lot of paranoia away from me.
I worked up the courage to call my insurance to try and find a real therapist in my town and I think I found a good one she straightened this one problem I was having out for me. She recommended to find a different dr so I did.

Insurance could only find one in a town in Iowa that was about an hour away. There was a language barrier with this dr. He lower my geodon to fast because he didn’t understand what I was saying. But it only took a week for everything to level out. I told him about my bad anxiety and he prescribed Paxil and Ativan. Looking back I wish I would have just took the Ativan.

That dr in Iowa was no longer in network so I found one in Missouri about a half hour away from my town. My therapist at the time told me to start with a clean slate. This dr I’m seeing now says that he thinks I have Asperger’s and says that medication doesn’t do very much good for people like me. He also said that I have been on this stuff for so long that he didn’t know what would happen if I tapered off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dwfieldjr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Nammu, TheEbonyEwe, waldeinsamkeit, Yaowen