View Single Post
waldeinsamkeit

Member Since Mar 2023
136 hugs
given
Default Mar 10, 2023 at 11:47 PM

Hi Alica,

I'm so sorry you've been struggling with this for so long. I think I posted in your other thread too, I hope you don't mind. Since I have some experience taking medication for anxiety purposes I figured I could share more details. I mentioned Lexapro before. It made me a bit tired and at first, I was pretty jittery, but once it kicked in I had a kind of brain fog-like feeling where I was calm but at the same time I felt like my head was in the clouds and I was on cruise control. I'm not sure if that makes any sense so sorry if it's a horrible description! It wasn't necessarily bad, because my anxiety level definitely lowered, and I slept through the nights, but as a result, I felt a bit too numb during the day for my personal liking so I decided to go off of it. Though, if I ever got desperate in the future I would consider going back on it. I also gave Effexor a try, but I had an unpleasant experience with that one from start to finish and it did not relieve my symptoms, so I wouldn't recommend that one personally. But as I said in my other post, people don't always share the same experience with these medications so what is terrible for one person might be a lifesaver for another. At the end of the day, I think if you want to try medication it is worth giving it a shot! Anything that can potentially improve your quality of life is worth a chance in my eyes.

Recently I have tried meditation too. I had tried them in the past but I guess I never really fully committed or believed they could be truly useful. These days I use an app called Insight Timer. I randomly stumbled upon it one day. They have a bunch of meditations, calming sounds, and music that you can listen to for free. I'm not very good at meditating, but I play one meditation each night to help myself fall asleep and they have helped me improve my sleep so much. I usually fall asleep before the meditation even finishes. I try to do as much of it as I can until I drift off. I also do a shorter one in the morning to help me start my day off on a calm note. I think it has helped me even if only a little. I hope you can find some relief soon and that others will have some more helpful advice for you to help you in your next steps.
waldeinsamkeit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote