View Single Post
waldeinsamkeit

Member Since Mar 2023
136 hugs
given
Default Mar 11, 2023 at 10:24 PM

Hi AppleLime,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. It can be hurtful and confusing when you and someone you care about are not on the same page. I agree with divine 1966 here in that it doesn't seem like she wants the same kind of connection that you do. I know that's difficult to take in, but unfortunately, we can't always expect our friendships or feelings to be reciprocated. Some people enjoy day-to-day contact or even weekly contact, while others aren't interested in maintaining contact on such a frequent basis. I can't help but wonder if it made her uncomfortable when you openly made note of her reply patterns. If someone said to me that they noticed I tended to reply at "x" time, I would feel a bit pressured and uncomfortable that they've been monitoring my habits like this and I would instantly want some space. I know not everyone is me, but I figure it's something worth considering. It sounds like her style of dating is very different from how you would approach things, but I agree again with divine 1966 that it's probably best not to dwell on her dating life. Whatever her style may be, it shouldn't matter or affect you since it's her private life. I understand that she was venting and sharing some of this information with you, but nothing positive will come out of pondering her dating decisions. In this situation, I think the healthiest option for you is to give her space and move on. If she doesn't want to talk to you or maintain a close friendship, there's really nothing more you can do at this point. Instead, you can redirect your efforts toward finding new people who will be interested in forming the same level of friendships you desire. It takes time, but there are people out there who are also looking for a friend who will reciprocate their feelings. Wishing you the best!
waldeinsamkeit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AppleLime

Thanks for this!
jesyka