Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,278 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2023 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleLime View Post
yes I've spoken about it before here that's why said this "I've posted perviously of this friend, however this is a update from then. I have mention the history here just for those that don't know about it)
So you not losing your mind haha.

If you read half way it's new stuff.
Me leaving the art class and what she said etc.
How she knew I was doing everything and said it wasn't a secert. And didn't seem to care.

I was taken by her a rollercoaster of her problems..

I haven't spoken to her for a month to see if she would come back to me. Because I was always doing the contacting or ask to hang out. Since she hasn't spoken to me I worry I have done something wrong but if I check the facts I haven't done anything obviously mean.

I just feel used by her emotionally and I wonder if she knew that whole time and when I was no use to her, she was like see ya.

The dating thing, I mention that to give a idea of her personatily. How she drops men she must do it to other friends maybe?

My sister thought maybe she has traits of narc.
Just because she told me at the age of ten she thought she was better than everyone else, so much so she didn't have anything friends until she went to high school.
Yes you already shared how you left art class and what you said.

I don’t think it’s healthy to overanalyze people as most of it just guessing. It’s a waste of time trying to figure out why people do what they do. It’s much healthier to focus on why YOU do what you do.

As about dating, you keep giving her dating advice. Why? It’s uncalled for. Did she ask for it or are you trained professional in match making? No one wants to be told they have to date in some other manner based on someone else’s opinion

I think it’s obvious since you are always the one contacting her and asking to hang out, she just isn’t interested. But she seemed to make an effort to occasionally agree to see you or talk to you. She’s not interested in more than that. It’s not friendship.

You also can’t say that you are providing her with all this help when she doesn’t even ask for it. If you keep calling and when she responds and tells you something about herself, it’s not her dumping her problems on you. It’s you pursuing her and her giving you some attention by keeping a conversation. And honestly none of it sounds like some kind of problems, just every day life.

You also don’t seem to like her. You have so much negative stuff to say about her yet you insist on being friends. Why? Why be friends with someone you have so much judgement about? You even make a judgement that she is on a budget. Making good money and living at home doesn’t mean being rich and can’t be on a budget. You don’t know what people do with their money. Save for a big purchase? Have debt? Plans to travel? Help family out? It’s no one’s business. You can’t make these judgements. Now she is a narcissist because she doesn’t want to be friends? And because she said something when she was 10? None of it makes one a narcissist

Let her go. Stop pursuing her. Give her space and move on with your life. Please talk to your therapist how to stop obsessing about these high school friends. It takes so much of your energy. You can put that energy into other things. Maybe go to school or a hobby or a job or exercise or house work or take a class to learn something. Stay busy. Ask your therapist on how to move on
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote