View Single Post
Alica

Member Since Mar 2023
Default Mar 12, 2023 at 01:11 PM

Hi Waldeinsamkeit!

Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad I found this forum again, I was on the old PsychCentral forum, but I believed for some time that it was deleted. It is great that there is a new version for people to support each other.
Anyway, it is interesting what you wrote about your experience with medication and meditation. My former therapist was pretty much against medication. Having read now more about it from you and from others I sort of understand why. It seems like the medications really have a profound effect on the brain and it is not really possible to tell if it will be a positive one or not before trying them.
I will think more about it.
I too have made great experiences with meditation. I started at a point when I was truly desperate and really willing to try anything.
In my worst times, I meditated 45 minutes twice a day and it definitely had positive effects in that it made me calmer and also gave me insights into what was actually going on in my mind.
At this point, I was enrolled in a day clinic program for psychosomatic illnesses. This program did not introduce meditation, but because I was pretty unhappy with quite a few things about this day clinic, meditation really helped me deal with being in this program.
At some point I stopped, feeling if I was really and truly well, I would not need to meditate that much, and it did take up a lot of my time.
Thinking about it, maybe, investing more time in it, might be better though than going on medication. I will give it more thought.
Thank you for the tip about the app, I will check it out.
If you don't know them already, I can really recommend meditations by "the honest guys". You can find them on youtube for free. I feel these are very good meditations with calming effects and nice stories.
Alica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
waldeinsamkeit