Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 14, 2023 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2023 View Post
I never intended to come across that way. I only meant to be nice back to those who liked me and treated me nicely. I was ALOT nicer to certain people than to everyone else cuz those few people were my favorites. Shouldn’t they be flattered?

It’s cost me every job I ever had and my current one is in jeopardy
Ruby, you need to learn to accept and respect other people's boundaries and that no means no.

I'm not sure that it's possible for you to understand anyone's reasons, but you certainly can respect someone's boundaries when they establish them and that no means no, and while you may have questions, you are not entitled to answer. If someone wants to be left alone, you need to do so without question.

I recommend you ask your therapist about DBT and distress tolerance so you can work on respecting people's boundaries without stalking or getting in trouble.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, lizardlady, Molinit