Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2015
89 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 15, 2023 at 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinmama831 View Post
Its been awhile since I have logged into this account. It feels whenever I do, I am near my whits ends. (Read my previous years posts for a background story.)

Last night, my husband called me my mother again. I have a love/hate relationship with my mother, because although she tried as much as she could to protect me from my father, she became just as much as an abusive narc. My mother is so self absorbed she even gave me her name as my middle name, and my husband will call me by it to light a fire.

I get told im like her now more than ever. That I am dirty, (yet, i am a sahm all i do is clean!!), that I overtalk to be heard (cant ever listen), that Im basically a terrible person. He knows the wounds he is picking at when he does this. And he doesnt stop.
So, last night I went to bed. Alone. Again.
He still works nights so the 2 hours hes here with me beforehand were spent with him on the couch and me holding my breath in the bedroom. The only thought that could calm my mind down was that if I went to sleep, I might not wake up.

I hate living like this. I hate imagining a life without my family together. He has bipolar and Im my fair share of mental health matters too..
I just need someone to pray for me.
I feel really really weak.
I feel unseen, and have no friends, so Im just bottled up inside.
I am not my mother, but I am a mother.
I am not my mother, I am me.
What did Dr. Phil always say "children would rather be FROM a broken home than LIVE in one"

Your home is broken. Your spouse is abusive. Set yourself up for success by getting an education in a field you would like to have a career in. If you had a career prior to becoming SAHM, renew license/education and prepare to launch yourself afterward.

See an attorney (most offer free consultations if you're in the US) and get an idea of what divorce looks like financially for you.
Molinit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes