View Single Post
AncientMelody
Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2014
274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 15, 2023 at 03:42 PM

Thank you for your concern! So my specific symptoms are post viral gastroparesis ( loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting) and insomnia.

My gastroparesis is ongoing since my infection in November 2020, and I’ve tried many different things. The medication Reglan which helps the stomach digest food more effectively, worked great for a year and it has unfortunately stopped working . I’m doing acupuncture now, which has helped me go from daily vomiting to vomiting about once every 1-2 weeks, so huge improvement there though I still have some other symtoms.

The insomnia is a weird thing… I had it for nine months after my first bout of COVID. I actually attributed more to the stress of my husband’s hospitalization at the time . I relied on Benadryl and melatonin quite a bit. But then it just resolved spontaneously

However I had a second very mild infection of COVID December 2022 with no other stressors… and the insomnia is right back. So I think the infection itself affects my sleep somehow.

Ativan has been the best thing for my sleep this time because it doesn’t make me groggy. Both hydroxyzine and Benadryl leave me groggy…. But I’m also trying to discontinue the Ativan. So I’ve kind of been in a tough spot there. Valerian root was useless but I’m going to try melatonin again soon.

It’s so weird because historically I am NOT someone who struggles to sleep.
AncientMelody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*