Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2023 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
Ah Christ BB.. I'm sorry.

I think the brain gets used to either sleeping normally, too little or too much (Cuz of neuroplasticity) - So the healthier you can allow your sleep to be (For a longer amount of time), the more that the brain molds..

But many people function on little sleep. And since you can get mania sometimes, too much glutamate (SP? NO NOT SPELLING.. SP MAYBE KNOWS)

But.. scientists have been trying to figure out everything about sleep, since the first curious, confused scientist, philosopher etc..

Anyway.. Zopiclone gets me to sleep in 20 minutes (Half a pill, sometimes a whole one) - Never built any tolerance to it.. It's just super hard to wake up (Not cuz of the zopiclone, but from antipsychotics or depression), so need an upper to wake up as well (Like Elvis).
Yeah sleep is one of those mysterious things. I don't think we'll ever be able to crack it honestly. There are certain things we just won't be able to ever figure out. That is how I think about it at least.

What I mean is: we can study sleep and things like that and know more about it, and research it, and figure out things about it, but we will never know what it truly is, if that makes sense. Its true essence.

And I still don't believe there's any such thing as a "sleep hack." There's really no evidence for a lot of those sleep hack things. I don't know if you all have seen any of those devices that are sleep hacking devices. But I don't think they work.

Edit: Not sure why I got super philosophical about it. But oh well.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty