View Single Post
GeorgieGirl23
GeorgieGirl23 has no updates.

1 yr Member
Default Mar 18, 2023 at 11:18 PM

Hi, I am seeing some unusual behavior in my daughter in recent weeks and I'm hoping to get some clarity from anyone who might have knowledge of Bipolar or any other mental health diagnosis that comes to mind...also understanding that it could be substance use and/or medically-based such as hypoglycemia. That said, my daughter is super resistant to going to the doctor and is 19 so I need to seek some direction independent of her for now.

Some new behaviors that I am seeing...
She is acting very silly...over the top silly and smiley
Teachers are reporting that she is spacey
She is not her normal self with me...has a lot of anger issues and hostility in general with me due to severe depression and trauma history and just not happy with life but has been clingy and very chatty, but scattered thought process and communication
Heavy duty fatigue...far beyond her typical
Her eyes have a glazed expression
Lots of sleeping after school/going to bed after coming home from school is very common and can last for 4 plus hours/this one has been going on for a while and she blames it on her depression.
Teachers think she is high but she has been very openly anti-drug use for years and continues to deny any use of drugs...she mostly home with me so very seldom with peers in the community.
These are most of the major changes I am seeing.
Thanks for any thoughts
GeorgieGirl23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote