10 yr Member
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2023 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
Ok, I’m all caught up.

Today I had my oil painting class. Ehh it turned out passable. Not a roaring success but passable. The different styles were fantastic. People they really know how to turn a general instruction into a variety of individual styles. The lone gentleman, was quite good. I really liked what he did. Very unique. The lady next to me was very cubist. It really was eye opening how the same picture and the same instructions could be so wildly interpreted. The 5 hours went by so quickly.

Then when I left it was snowing and at the same time the sun was shining! Brrr [emoji3063] it’s so cold today. Subzero temperatures windchill. I’m now in my chair under a blanket with a poncho my daughter gave me, drinking hot chocolate. Brrr [emoji3063]

It’s nice being old, I don’t worry about things the way I used to. Even ten years ago I would have worried how bad my art was instead of just enjoying it and marveling on the different interpretations. I would have been constantly comparing and finding myself wanting. And feeling insecure and intimidated. Instead I enjoyed myself and chatted with those nearest me.

I’m so glad you went to the painting class. That sounds like so much fun! I’m glad you had a good time, it is interesting how different people have different styles of painting and the same painting can come out very different for every person

I struggle with the perfectionistic thinking in my artwork/painting etc. I hope someday that gets easier. But I do love it and it relaxes me a lot so that’s what matters

Hot chocolate under a blanket sounds good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Hugs from:
bizi, Fuzzybear, Nammu, Rosi700

Thanks for this!
Nammu, ~Christina