View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2023 at 10:06 AM

I just reread that quote. A few days ago, I was trying to remember your logon name on the Boards and I couldn't. So - coincidence of coincidences - a friend sent me a list of quotes by famous people, and there was your name. I read the quote, but it didn't really do much for me at the time.

Then, today, I read it and it hit me. I'm a pessimist, or at least I was. And the quote just knocked me off my chair. (well, figuratively.) Yes, pessimism saves you from that horrible feeling of dreaming and having the dream stomped on. But when I saw myself in the quote, it was like I just dumped a lifetime of garbage in favor of hope.
I guess I'm not a total pessimist if I can keep writing after years of rejection.
I guess being a realist is the best of all.

I know this euphoric feeling won't last. (realism or pessimism?) But I think my life will be a lot happier for a long time.

If Jews could stay positive during WW II and freedom fighters could stay positive. maybe I can too.

So thank you.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

I wish I had a therapist to talk to.

Maybe I'll post something somewhere on the forums if I can find a thread on depression.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote