View Single Post
AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2023 at 10:51 AM

Today I told my T that I believe I have parental transference towards him. He asked questions I couldn't (or wouldn't?) answer about it, but I told him of when it first seemed to manifest that way (when he told me he was a grandpa). I told him of my dream of him, of him leaving the room, and assured him it that I knew it wasn't his fault that there was less continuity of our sessions of late (lot's of public holidays and some stuff going on in my life). He in turn pointed out that it wasn't my fault either, that it was noones fault.

I told him of my struggles of late, the stress I had in the past 2 or so months, and we also talked about work and future work prospects. We touched on many things, amongst others a subject I discussed on MSF recently, which was the potentiality of writing about past relationships and my experience in them, and to bring these writings to session if they are relevant for us to talk about.

i also had an appointment with my Pdoc today. He seems very much at ease letting me handle the dosage of my medication (1 anti-depressant/ lexapro), espacially as I am in therapy (which he very much supports). He asked what my therapist said about me considering reducing the dosage, but my T doesn't seem to have a clear opinion on the matter, and seems to just support whatever choice I make. It's kind of cool they are treating me like an adult, when I feel like a teenager.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight