View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2023 at 02:30 PM

Kit, I'm sorry she double-booked, and I'm glad she was able to get you in at a time that works for you.

It's also possible that she might have contacted you both at the same time, and if the other got back to her first and said they could switch, she'd have let you keep it.

Dr. T has asked me if I could change my session before. He's never let on if he's double-booked me, but I know a couple times have been to accommodate another client, from something he said, which bothered me a bit. Then again, I do tend to have a flexible schedule. And it's usually been a case of "Are you able to switch to x time? If not, I can keep you where you are." There was once when I said I couldn't switch, and it was fine--he kept me in my original slot.

The way I see it now is, he's accommodated me a fair number of times, too, like asking for an earlier/extra session, for a different time slot/day than what I usually request, etc. So I figure that as long as it's not a case of him cancelling my session or moving it to a time that doesn't work for me at all (like if I had to pick up D or had a conflicting appointment/meeting), then I'm OK with it.

The one time I was really hurt by something like that was with ex-T. She only worked 3 days a week and didn't give clients set slots; we just scheduled for the next week at the end of each session. One time, when I saw her on a Wednesday (the last day of her work week), she said she'd forgotten to leave me a slot for the following week, so she couldn't see me. Which really hurt. I think she said she'd let me know if there was a cancellation (I forget whether there was one). But to be just completely forgotten about... I think I'd been seeing her a year at that point, or at least 6 months.

So I get it. But try to keep in mind that she was still able to get you in. And hopefully she'll be extra careful so that it doesn't happen again.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty