AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2023 at 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor27 View Post
I agree with you that she needs to reach out to me. It's not helping me by not knowing what is happening regarding my therapy. I know she would not hurt me or abandon me. It does feel this way.

I think she is being extra careful because I used to see her at the clinic until she went into private practice. Also she started a new job and with the investigation she is probably just being careful in how she is doing things.

I think though she needs to keep intouch with me and it would be nice to know how long it might be til I get to meet with her. Also im afraid she might not be able to any more.
I am not a stickler for rules. I don't mind that she is seeing you in spite of not being supposed to. But I do agree with the spirit of the core rules, stating that the patient comes first and that boundaries are put in place mainly to protect the patient (and of course some also to protect the therapist, so (s)he can do her/his job in peace, which in turn also benefits the patient).

I think she is very much breaking not just the rules, but also the spirit of these core rules, and she's been doing that for a while. I remember this rollercoaster of the two of you going up and down and then being stable for at least half a year now. It makes me concerned if she is even able to help you with all of this going on?

I agree with LT, you could reach out to her. I would do so on the weekend, to avoid a notification popping up on her phone at the wrong time (for example while she is sitting in a meeting discussing investigation results), but even if that were to happen, it would be her fault, because she has a responsibility towards you, and she is very much not fulfilling it.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, Taylor27