healing from trauma

Member Since Dec 2017
24.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2023 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceKate View Post
I am not a stickler for rules. I don't mind that she is seeing you in spite of not being supposed to. But I do agree with the spirit of the core rules, stating that the patient comes first and that boundaries are put in place mainly to protect the patient (and of course some also to protect the therapist, so (s)he can do her/his job in peace, which in turn also benefits the patient).

I think she is very much breaking not just the rules, but also the spirit of these core rules, and she's been doing that for a while. I remember this rollercoaster of the two of you going up and down and then being stable for at least half a year now. It makes me concerned if she is even able to help you with all of this going on?

I agree with LT, you could reach out to her. I would do so on the weekend, to avoid a notification popping up on her phone at the wrong time (for example while she is sitting in a meeting discussing investigation results), but even if that were to happen, it would be her fault, because she has a responsibility towards you, and she is very much not fulfilling it.
Thank you for responding to me. I know you are so right and I think she has crossed some boundaries without thinking of the consequenses that would happen. I thought it would be okay for me to follow her not knowing what could go wrong.

I think this therapy relationship wont go far. If I was not involved and I have no clue what is going on she would of reached out to me right now to let me know when we could meet.

I will give her til the end of the week and hopefully she will have more to say about this. I think it's unfair to me to be told to wait. This has been very stressful and even though things worked out good for a few months it does not seem like my therapy with her is going to be stable.

I do hope im wrong, however today im feeling like it maybe time to move on and try to get another therapist.
Taylor27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AliceKate, SlumberKitty