Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2023 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
My Mom is in the hospital. She was taken there by ambulance on Monday night. She got admitted. She's been fatigued/exhausted, dizzy, no appetite, she fell the other day on the tile, etc. Her blood sugar is high then low. Her blood pressure has been low which is weird because it is usually high. She had an MRI and CT scan which came back clear. She's had a bunch of urine tests and blood work. She might have a bladder infection or uti. We'll see. Her GP has hospital privileges so he has been in to see her and has ordered some tests. Hopefully she will get discharged tomorrow. I took yesterday off of work because I was exhausted and because I wanted to go visit my Mom in the hospital.

Oh no, I hope they figure out what it is and that it's nothing serious! Low BP to me would suggest an infection, from my limited medical knowledge. Sounds random, but have they checked for an ear infection? Just thinking with the dizziness. That's happened with my mother-in-law a couple times, where she was really dizzy and sick, and it turned out to be an ear infection. Or, one time, where she'd fallen and some crystal thing within her ear shifted--I forget how they treated that.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty