View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,387 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2023 at 07:21 PM

My therapist and I try to keep my visits to 3x/month. I called Monday night and left a message cancelling next Monday because I forgot to do it earlier in the day and I wanted to leave a message that I was sorry I had been in an extremely bad mood with him but was too shy to do that live. I got a text Tuesday telling me the appointment was cancelled.

Today I got the usual Wednesday text message and email that I needed to confirm my appointment and choose office, online or telephone. So I called to verify that my appointment had been cancelled. I got this woman I don't think I've ever met who demanded to know why I was cancelling. I spit out something about it being my agreement with my therapist but I wanted to just say "none of your business". I've had one other time (I think the same woman) asked for that information. It's not like I'm cancelling late or violating policies.

Am I right that it is none of her business or is this normal? (keeping in mind I'm depressed and grouchy right now so I may be oversensitive and also please be gentle)

Hugs from:
bizi, Crazy Hitch, Fuzzybear, JaneOnceMore, Nammu, Rosi700, Samicat, Soupe du jour, wildflowerchild25