View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 24, 2023 at 11:53 AM

I kind of see it, as someone else on the forums explained it to me, that trauma is like a wound. It will always exist, but you can heal from it. The trauma turns into a scar. You will be reminded of it, but at some point, it doesn't hurt as much.

The original trauma(s) could be gaping oozing wounds that take a long time to heal. Sometimes, it gets reinfected and you have to drain the wound. The process of healing could take years. And our bodies (and mind!) take different healing times and process.

It has taken me 8 years to finally let go of ex-T. It still hurts what she did to me, AND I no longer want to carry the burden. The trauma my parents caused me still exist: both the direct and indirect pains. However, for them to exist in my life now, I had to split them into child-me parents and adult-me parents. Sometimes they merge when a parent triggers me. But for the most part, I keep them separated. The trauma they caused me will be a long process to heal from since it continues to affect me. But that's okay. I am healing. I'm processing it. And one day, I hope, I can let go of the burden like I did with ex-T.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, satsuma, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, satsuma, Taylor27