LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 25, 2023 at 08:58 AM

Dear T,
It means a lot that you thanked me for sharing my writing and told me "Keep writing" when I left yesterday. I'm glad I shared that with you (though I might feel differently had I shared the actual version I sent for critique!) I think it's leading to some interesting discussions. I'll be curious to hear some of your notes from our first session on Monday.

I also appreciate your noting one way that you've seen me progress since the first year I saw you. (And I agree with your assessment.) One reason I chose to leave ex-T is how she said, nearly 6 years in, how I was still so anxious all the time. I imagine it was really about her fearing she hadn't helped me. But it seemed like she didn't see my progress, in that area or others.

I know it's ultimately up to me to decide whether I've made progress or not--and how to feel about that--but it helps hearing it from the outside, too. Hm...maybe that's something I missed from my parents, too...and why getting good grades in school meant so much to me.

Love,
LT

Hugs from:
AliceKate, ArtieTheSequal, bearybear, SlumberKitty