Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 25, 2023 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Dawn View Post
My escape from the so-called real world often seems to be dissociation.

I feel as though that blood does flow throughout my systems vibrations,

but it seems that no matter how hard I try, I never seem to find the reason why.

If only I could reach it, that something I'm trying to find,

maybe my heart would grow happier, healthier, and so would my mind?
here in NY / USA we have two different terms that sometimes get confused...

disassociation (pronounced dis - association) which is the willful and purposeful dis engaging / stopping yourself

dissociation which is not something with in your control.

They both come with their various normal and abnormal symptoms, problems and behaviors.

if you feel you have disassociation or dissociation symptoms problems and behaviors contact your treatment providers.

As you know in march 2022 new mental health standards and treatments and so on went into use. because of the change over to the new mental health standards, treatments and so on put in place march 2022, if you suspect you have a disorder or condition you need to contact treatment providers.

I know you are afraid to get back into therapy because of covid but heres the thing...

since 2020 treatment providers have to do things differently. they have to use sterilizing protocols between clients and use masking with their clients and their clients must also mask. most are still using the criteria of not waiting in busy filled waiting rooms. you will be able to wait outside or in your vehicle until your therapist texts you to go into the therapy room.

they also still use zoom and other telehealth appointments when needed.

lets put it this way. going to therapy post covid is now even safer than it was before 2020 when all anyone had to worry about was the common cold and flu.

treatment providers must be fully vaccinated in order to do their jobs. and most who are worried about covid have their vaccinations up to date too so Im assuming you have yours. if not all you need to do is contact the department of health and they will tell you where and when the next free to the community vaccination clinic is.. or you can contact your medical doctor who will set it up for you to safely get your vaccinations up to date.

please contact a treatment provider. thats the only way you will be able to have the Indepth and detailed conversations you are seeking related to your disorders and conditions now.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn