Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,836 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 25, 2023 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
So I finally managed to cut myself down to no caffeinated coffee. I still have a cup of decaf now and then but that’s definitely a lot better than 6 cups of fully caffeinated coffee a day.

Next goal is to make my primary drink water, I drink like 2-3 cups of plain black unsweetened decaf a day. And I drink water. Those are my two primary drinks. I’d like to get to just drinking water most of the time, cut the decaf down to one a day or every other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I drank that many cups, I'd be up all night and the next night! Ah, coffee--a subject I can get into. I drink just one cup in the morning, the regular not decaf. That defeats the point. I'm way more sensitive to caffeine now, meaning I can't drink anything with it after lunchtime. It will impact my sleep. I read tea has more caffeine than coffee! I also love tea.

When I was a teenager I used to be able to eat both sugar and caffeine (A piece of cake with a cup of coffee, for example!) as late as 9 or 10pm and have NO trouble sleeping! Doing that now would have me up for DAYS I bet.

I've been drinking coffee over 40 years and it's one of the few constants or pleasures in my life now. I already gave up a LOT of foods due to getting older and having to watch sugar/fat content. But coffee is off limits. SO is chocolate. Making my coffee in the morning is one of the few things I have control over. I decide what flavor I want, as I have Chocolate covered Strawberries, Eggnog Spice, Vanilla, Caramel Truffle as some examples.

I use Truvia instead of sugar for years now, it's sweeter actually! I also sometimes use a bit of whipped cream topped with nutmeg or just 1/4 tsp. of extracts such as vanilla, almond, or rum! Cinnamon sticks in coffee is delicious too. I swear it's a whole ritual in the morning, where I first pre-heat the mug so the coffee stays warm longer. And I cover it to retain the heat while drinking.

And it has to be either piping hot or ice cold, as iced coffee is delicious too.

Caffeine is addicting as I found out when I used to drink soda as a teen. I stopped many years ago because of the sugar, but I still drink coffee. And after trying to quit it, it gave me headaches and I decided it's not worth giving up. It is just one cup! I'm sure I'd find a way to make it even during an apocalypse, lol.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna