Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2023 at 01:10 PM

There is a lot to what you say. A lot!

I have a theory which is not scientific and probably wrong, but I think there are a lot more people out there suffering mental illness than who have been diagnosed and treated for it.

Social media is often a good thing but sometimes it is a way to engage in doom and hate posting and doom and hate scrolling, both of which can be habit forming.

I have done a lot of traveling to poor countries and have found the people there generally happier than the ones in my country. They seem to have an attitude towards most everything which is: "Could be worse, but isn't worse, thank goodness."

This attitude tends to generate feelings and moods of appreciation, feeling lucky or blessed, peace of mind and joy of live.

Most people where I live have an attitude of something like: "Things could be better but are not better. How enraging. How sad. How pathetic.

This attitude tends to generate moods and feelings of annoyance, frustration, aggravation, rage and sadness. It would be strange indeed it this attitude didn't generate these kinds of mental contents.

Why do some people look at themselves, others, things and events and think: could be worse, while other people look at the very same things and think: could be better?

People stuck in the negative frame of mind seem drawn into social media especially as a way to vent things like doom and hate posting and doom and hate scrolling. Maybe I am wrong. I am often wrong about things.
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Gavreel, Samicat, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
harborcoat, Tart Cherry Jam