View Single Post
SnappingRope

Member Since May 2020
Default Mar 27, 2023 at 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePegGuy View Post
  1. No, I've never seen grey vapour-like stuff everywhere in the dark.
  2. I'm not sure I'm normal. I live in the moment, anyway.
  3. When I remember something, I am "teleported into the memory to experience it as the person [I was] when it happened."
  4. Not sure. Perhaps I switch very rapidly b/t thought and emotion.
  5. Almost yes, not suffocating though. What I focus on dominates and dwarfs most everything else.
  6. No, but I experience "symptoms" that could be used to "diagnose" love.
  7. Yes. My favorite meditation is the "Who Am I?" meditation. I completed it to the very end about 30 years ago. Do you want to know who I am?
  8. I believe I do read other people's thoughts. I certainly can anticipate their needs. Perhaps this ability was honed by being a father and as the owner of several pets. I usually pretend I don't have this ability.
  9. I sleep with my eyes closed and a black T-shirt over my eyes. Usually I see utter darkness, or I might see alternating red and blue blobs that move and resemble a lava lamp. I do not see the room's contents.
  10. Yes, I've had a few MRI of the brain. But I do not have access to those images, sorry!
  11. No, not at all. The bleakness of my future scares me. I cannot even imagine what I'd like my future to be.
  12. Yes, I'm very malleable / pliable to the ideas of others.
Thanks for your reply. Some follow up questions if you don't mind answering them...

I've never heard of the who am I meditation. Did you discover you are an individual, or that you are One with all things after completing it?

It seems significant that you answered yes to the questions about memory teleportation and focal amplification. I suspect the two are related - if what you focus on becomes amplified then memories will swell into consciousness in a way that displaces the you you are now and replaces it entirely with memory.

The coloured blobs you see with eyes closed used to be the same for me until I got some brain damage. Now not so much. If I cleared my mind of everything and passively watched those lava-lamp colours after a while I would emerge into another world. I figure it was my mind being overly starved of stimulation and producing its own as a temporary solution, or maybe I was in some waking dream-like REM state. Not sure. It was pretty hard to get there and stay there though because any kind of intention or desire or emotion or anything at all that wasn't just passive observation kicked me out of it.

As for seeing the room's contents with eyes closed, I didn't explain that well. The easiest way to get started with it is to wave your hand in front of your face with your eyes closed in the dark. I can see it move. It's not a defined shape, and I wouldn't be able to count fingers, but it's unmistakable, even if I also put a pillow over my head. For a long time I thought this was some part of my mind that kept tabs on where my body was and produced a low-resolution mental projection of it even in the absence of light, but then I noticed I saw general shapes also, like the line where the roof abuts the wall and where the doorway is.

Thanks again for replying.
SnappingRope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote